Wednesday, August 29, 2007
my attempt for a long post$BlogItemTitle$>
Today I shall reminisce about our/my times at JIS.
In Yrs 10 & 11; school on Monday, Wednesday & Thursday finished at 2.15. Tuesday at 3 and Friday at 2.20. GCSE was a handful, especially since I had 3 months catching up to do at the start of Yr 10. Do you remember how Mr Hodgeson was a slave for the day for a bunch of people? Haha he had to carry bags and looked miserable. I still have a photo of him when he came to the dance room. Oh, and remember the dancing classes they had just before prom? So useless, the songs at prom we're completely unsuitable for it. And the food! Nasi Ayam on Fridays were like a must and I enjoyed the beef pies. It was pretty much a long walk from S Block or T Block so we basically had to run in order to get good food because they ran out quickly.
Yr12 was where all the "firsts" happened. We were part of the first sixth formers to use the R Block. Do any of you remember who was given a nickname "Stukin"? And do you remember the story behind that one? Haha. Change of timetables: Monday & Wednesday finishes at 3. Tuesday, Thursday and Friday at 2.15. This was where the lockers we had were awesome. And we were all complaining about having to go across every other day/lesson under the hot sun, claiming that at the end of the year, we will all be fully tanned. It was also an isolation from the juniors. For once. It was as well our first time using a canteen voucher to feed ourselves, by a 5/6-star hotel.
In Yr 13, Week A & B were abolished. Some liked it, some didn't. I personally think having alternate weeks actually makes school timetable less boring. It also improves your memory by having to remember your 2-week timetable. When the new Yr12s came and then we ruled the R Block, the first day at the canteen felt so hot. They were breathing our oxygen. The next day, 3-9 benches were added at the canteen. And some very old lockers, to accomodate the rest of the Yr12s. This was also when they had strict rules about which toilet students are allowed to use etc.
For me, I think I'll miss the birthday celebrations we had the most. As well as times when one of us treats us (a lot of times, Nads) and we get to eat good food for free! Haha.
Thanks for the good times (:
Labels: jis, memory
10:54 AMzimmers