<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/12391685?origin\x3dhttp://collegememoirs.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Lead and enjoy great university lives

Keep in touch (: wherever we are, no matter what

To attend each other's weddings and have a day at the park together with all our kids. Haha.

Profile
Eight girls who've graduated from Junior College after struggling through 2 years of A Levels at JIS. Memories of 2006-2007. We have gone separate ways now but plan to keep in touch through blogging about our daily lives. And we are: zimmers, LadyR, Bostaman, Nads, LiNie, iZz, rabiatul & Liana...
Blogskins.com Account

Tagboard

Links
AimanBlissCon, Val & Co.ElmiIzzahIzzyJoshua EeJun YeeKaydeeLinaLinie's YouTubeLizzieNicoleRachelRuzanna

BlogskinsColorMatch 5k
CREDITS
FONTS. swimchick
IMAGE. as credited.
CODES. shotgun
DESIGNER. sheryl

ARCHIVES

Monday, November 05, 2007
Of ALL Things...

I sat for the IELTS exam the other day. This was mainly because when I applied for Monah Uni, the lady said that they do require some English proficiency test. So... I just did hand in my application for the uni anyway and guess what? I got accepted without having any English proficiency tests. hehe...



But anyway by the time I had received my acceptance in Monash, I had already applied for my IELTS exam, so my dad said just go ahead anyway la. Since none of you girls have ever sat for it (I thinks) I'll explain what I had to go through!


There were like 3 sections in this part of the exam. The listening, the reading and the writing.

The listening was a bit tough in a way because you had to be really attentive as they only play the conversation/excerpt once! And sometimes they rephrase things in a way that you have to really understand the situation. So it really ain't straight forward. I missed out two answers cause I just really couldn't catch it! I felt like screaming, "Can you repeat that?" So, I just guessed! heheh, hope I guessed correctly. Better than leaving it blank no? Of course I guessed reasonably la!

Then the reading section was more like comprehension structured. All of it was mostly objectives la, which means didn't have to answer questions in long, complete sentences! hehe. The passages to read were pretty long and winded. My gosh! And for the writing section, there is one analyzing part. This time a map comparison came out. Then, for the discuss part, the topic was whether governments should pay for everyones university course fees. haha, I just blabbed on this one. I added that in Brunei, the government does pay for fees of all its citizens. =D Yay for the government!

And guess what? I was like the youngest candidate in the room! Most people were like working adults. Beats me why they were sitting for the exam. Applying for VISA or maybe even further studies I suppose? =P I never knew that IELTS was an Australian exam. heh! To me, the weirdest part of the whole exam was that we couldn't bring our own stationery or wallets or even car keys into the exam. So like THAT wan ah?

p/s: some parts of this posts are taken from my blog =P

Miss ya'll!

1:04 PMLadyR