Sunday, February 24, 2008
Update from down under$BlogItemTitle$>
Okay okay its my turn to blog.
This summer here in Aussie is the worse one yet. Its like one extreme to another from one end of the island to the other. In Brisbane and Melbourne, its flooding. In Sydney its scorching hot at times and then the next thing you know, its heavily pouring with rain. But now the weather is more settled, its more of scorching heat now in Syd. I'm not used to the sun tho'. Its like so dry, no vapour unlike Brunei. So even if you're under the sun, you hardly sweat. You just feel like want to pengsan. =( And the sun is making my hair brittle! My hair has been dropping more than usual. Sniffs. I went for a trim and cut an inch off the first layer of my hair to take off the extra weight. I just realised that my hair was longer than i thought it was. The saloon also recommended shampoo and conditioner to suit my oily, fine hair. And oh, yes haircuts are also expensive here in Sydney. $27 for haircut only, no wash or blow. Thats the average price. I wanted to ask a friend to cut it as she is a hairdresser but she seemed too busy to do so. So...i couldn't wait!! My hair was dropping okay....
I might go back to Brunei in April during my mid-semester break! I just am still unsure of when the dates are. This is because they are rearranging the whole calendar for the year. So hopefully they will release that soon then I can book my flight back home. I WAN SEE MY SAYANG AGAIN! Sniffs!
I miss him so much. I call him like twice a week and msg him everytime I'm free. So much for sticking to one call per month. Its extremely hard being away from him. We're doing great tho' AND IT WILL STAY THIS WAY! =)
I went rockclimbing 2 weeks back. I may go again tomorrow. You can view the pics on my blog if you wish. Hmm.. so what else is there to say? Oh yea, my classes and lectures are so intense so my week is fully packed. Including rehearsals for choir and stuff. I had my first songwriting class this week. It was so cool. Even tho' it was just an introduction, I can't wait for the part where we actually learn techniques! Actually Songwriting wasn't in the 1st year syllabus but this year they decided to put it on. You see the music course I'm doing has 1, 2 or 3 years but I'm only doing a year. Cause as you guys now I'm going to Monash next year =D And that is gonna be a whole different chapter of my life.
And one last thing before I sign off, my guardians are superb cooks! They are good at cooking both asian and western food. So I'm not missing home food. hehe! The uncle can cook laksa, penang char kway teow, bak kut teh (ok this is so not halal), etc. You name it. There are pics of some food on my blog too.
Ok so til' next time, everyone take care alright? miss ya girls!
Labels: sydney
11:53 AMLadyR