<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/12391685?origin\x3dhttp://collegememoirs.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Lead and enjoy great university lives

Keep in touch (: wherever we are, no matter what

To attend each other's weddings and have a day at the park together with all our kids. Haha.

Profile
Eight girls who've graduated from Junior College after struggling through 2 years of A Levels at JIS. Memories of 2006-2007. We have gone separate ways now but plan to keep in touch through blogging about our daily lives. And we are: zimmers, LadyR, Bostaman, Nads, LiNie, iZz, rabiatul & Liana...
Blogskins.com Account

Tagboard

Links
AimanBlissCon, Val & Co.ElmiIzzahIzzyJoshua EeJun YeeKaydeeLinaLinie's YouTubeLizzieNicoleRachelRuzanna

BlogskinsColorMatch 5k
CREDITS
FONTS. swimchick
IMAGE. as credited.
CODES. shotgun
DESIGNER. sheryl

ARCHIVES

Wednesday, January 20, 2010
2009 Re-cap

Hi girls,

I'll just post some photos to show a bit of recap of what I was up to in 2008/2009 :)


December 2008; Germany (Hamburg, Berlin & Munich) and Paris


December 2008; Barcelona


March 2009; Great Warwick Jump


April 2009; Nice


December 2009; Andalucia

As of now, I just start the second week of my second term which means I'm just two terms away from what could be one of the most important day of my life; graduation. I have to say I am glad to have gotten the offer to study at Warwick under a scholarship, as it has one of the most respective business schools accompanied by a wonderful student campus life. I cannot imagine graduating and never coming back here as I've met and made lots of friendships with people from countries I've never heard of, done things I never imagined doing and lastly, being independent and far away from home and actually, surviving.

Traveling around Europe has made me realise that Brunei is very very small, that there are actually older and bigger countries out there with extensive histories and that I was standing on grounds that was once run by the most powerful rulers in history. I have only traveled to some parts of Germany, some parts of Spain and some parts of France, when if you think about it, I could travel the whole of Brunei in just one day!

The most memorable tour yet was in Berlin. Learning about the Berlin Wall and how Germany was like during Hitler's reign, was very bizarre and creepy. I was standing on top of the bunker where he committed suicide and was told about how Hitler's dog, Blondi, died and that her death affected everyone more than his partner's suicide did. And then walking through what was probably one of the most creepiest memorial, Holocaust Memorial, I just don't know how to begin to describe what the place was like. And furthermore in Munich, we went to Dachau Memorial camp, which was the Nazi's first concentration camp and I learned more about how people suffered, how they were dramatically executed.. What a way to start one of the many Euro trips I had after, ey?

Being at home back in the summer between June and September was different yet wonderful. There were days where I was probably the most laziest person in Brunei, but there were days where I felt that I wanted do this and that but just never got around to doing it. But in all, it was nice to be able to meet up with Mali, Izzah, Hadee, Izzy.. who almost always layan-ed my weekly "bah, lakastah liat movie ani ani ani..." Lol. Raya was also so much fun too!

Then I went back to UK. Every time I go to class, there's always a thought at the back of my mind :"Final year, final year, final year" which is really telling me, no more fooling around, this is it, it's my last chance to give it my best. There are some days when the lecture materials are do-able, but there are also days when I find it so hard I want to cry and wished I was back at JIS, doing A Level Accounting in Mr Bennett's class. But that only made me ponder, wah, I've gone so far from that and I'm going to be a graduate soon! InsyaAllah.

So moral of the story: Most of us all in final years, yes, we've had our chance to fool around, miss classes and seminars/tutorials, do assignments at the last minute and cram before the day of exams in our first and second year. But really, it's up to you, you set your own targets, it's you who knows if you're the kind of person who does best with cramming, or with weekly revisions, it is you who will get a first or second class, it will be you who's going to continue masters or go for job interviews. So, before you go to class, do assignments and revise, think. That you're doing all that, for yourself and yourself only. And maybe, that could push you to work harder and study better ;)

Labels:

11:46 PMzimmers